Birding in Colombia
Colombia is the country with the highest biodiversity on the planet. It also boosts the highest number of bird species. Some 20% of all the World’s birds occur in Colombia, which is also home to an incredible 75 endemic species. Jurgen Beckers will provide an introduction to Colombia, give an overview of the main regions, and explore the top spots for birding as well as look at some endemic hotspots. He will also explain how and when to organise a birding trip to Colombia in an inexpensive and relaxed way.
- Why visit Colombia for birding?
- Where to go birding in Colombia?
- What are the best areas for Colombian endemics?
- What are some of the birds you should see? (Quetzals, Toucan Barbet, Multicoloured Tanager, Hummingbirds, Recurve-billed Bushbird, Yellow-eared Parrot)
- When is the best time to visit?
- Getting around and where to stay.