Kenya’s best birds, sites and how to do a birding tour of the country
Kenya is a phenomenal birding destination, with 1162 species of birds to be found and appreciated. The ease of birding and the well-developed facilities make for a great experience every time you visit the country. In this masterclass, Washington takes us through an in-depth analysis of the key birding sites and special birds of the country, also sharing his vast experience on how to best bird in Kenya for both short and long tours.
We shall also dive deep into the seasonality of birds across Kenya, looking at migrations and breeding seasons. We shall also be looking at some of the best seasons to travel for key species.
The main focus areas will include:
- Kenya’s birding diversity
- Key birding sites and biomes
- Seasonality in the birding diversity across the year
- Breeding seasons among Kenya’s birds
- How to plan tours to Kenya for maximum species and habitats; both long and short trips combinations
- Best times of the year to try for rare and special birds
Even if you are not going to visit Kenya, this master class should not be missed if you want to better know the birds of our rich and diverse continent.