Status of site changes December 2020-April 2021
This is a work in progress, new items will be added from time to time based on our Kanban board planning. The purpose of this page is just to keep stakeholders updated on progress.
Phase 1. December
- Remove WPForo – the discussion forum software as it is not used, and is redundant with Buddypress
- Install Yoast SEO plugin and configure with Google settings
- Remove Astra theme and relevant plugins
- Install BuddyPress theme and pro module
- Check and fix any theme elements that are broken during BuddyPress Change
- Link BuddyPress with Learndash via the relevant plugin.
- Enable social media-like features including discussions and messaging and integrate with Learndash.
- Rebuild the home page for better navigation, and more social experience.
- Add individual pages for webinars, masterclasses and courses available to link from slider on new home page.
- Replace the header menu with the BuddyPress header menu internal pages.
- Limit space available to users for uploads.
- Add dashboard for logged in users.
STATUS: Initiated, lots to do.
- Rewrite the login restriction code and put it back.
STATUS: Eish, Dr Idiot strikes again. This is a work in progress to get it to work with additional security.
- Add the links to the user dropdown on the top bar.
- Add Dashboard to the BB dropdown menu.
STATUS: It needs the whole menu to be redone. Pause to 2021 with low priority.
- Add extra memory, CPU and diskspace to server: Done
- Security and privacy controls on community profiles: Done
- Add a content distribution network to speed the site up worldwide: Done
- Add video publishing for courses and incorporate in to content distribution network for speed: Done
- Improve distributed denial of service and brute force attack prevention: Done
- Improve backup and restore capability, preferably with a daily backup to limit any data loss to 24 hours: Done
- Create and publish community guidelines.
- Write a plugin to allow people to get date in their own timezone from the webinar page: Initiated, in progress
- Woocommerce: review and improve Woocommerce use (the e-commerce engine of LTB): Initiated, in progress
- Woocommerce: create explanatory video for masterclass, digital download and course creators to explain how to ensure the Woocommerce part of their item is done correctly.
- Add additional payment methods: Paypal: Eish, Paypal does not accept ZAR as the base currency. This will need a plugin, which I will probably have to write.
- Create a video explaining the new features of the site.
- hang ten for more!